We believe quality dance training should be taught in a positive learning environment where creativity, dedication and self-esteem develop while emphasizing strong technical skills in an enjoyable structured atmosphere. The study of dance helps enable the student to develop proper body alignment, posture, grace, rhythm, coordination, motor skills, strength, flexibility and stamina.
Dance can be used to enlighten, motivate and inspire while providing a creative outlet for both the physical and emotional spirit of children. We are dedicated to the needs of each individual student, and strive to ensure that they have the best possible dance experience while building confidence, self-esteem, character, respect for self and others, and encouraging talent through a wonderful dance experience.
Dance is a demanding and complex skill requiring patience and determination from both student and teacher. While striving for proper and strong technique, emphasis is placed on creativity, self-expression and music appreciation. We teach children to follow their dreams, believe in themselves, and work to their full potential and that through hard work and determination they can reach their goals.
We are dedicated to encouraging, supporting, and guiding each student to help nurture in each child a joy and passion for dance and the performing arts.
Frequently Asked Questions
We strive to create a positive relationship with each dance family by communicating, releasing newsletters and distributing updates. Please keep us informed of what we are doing right and what we can improve on! Instructive criticism and suggestions are always welcome. Let us know what we can do to make your dance experience better.
Our mission is to provide each student with the best possible dance experience that will allow them to excel and reach their greatest potential. We believe this can be achieved by providing a balance between fun, hard work and excellence and that the most important ingredient for teaching is building self-esteem and self-confidence through praise, encouragement and discipline.
By providing the finest dance instruction in an atmosphere of nurturing, encouragement, innovation, professionalism, mutual respect and fun, we believe our students will excel and reach their fullest potential.
Elite Academy of Dance is continually looking for qualified substitute teachers, part-time, and full-time instructors with training in the following genres of dance; Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Pom, Hip-Hop, Lyrical, Pointe, Modern, Contemporary, Acrobatics, Voice, Drama and Musical Theatre.
Candidates should be technically trained, offer a unique class experience, serve as role-models, and possess excellent time management skills. Candidates are expected to be well versed in their area of expertise.
All applicants are required to send a letter describing the styles, age ranges and levels you can masterfully teach. Compensation will be based upon professional and teaching experience.
Please send your letter, resume and references to;
Elite Academy of Dance & Performing Arts, LLC
Attention: Teaching Position
1701 UPS Drive Iceland Sports Complex 2nd Floor
Louisville, Ky. 40223
Or e-mail your information to: Edance101@yahoo.com
1) You can log into the customer portal anytime and make a payment on your own. The link is on the homepage.
2) You may make payments at the front desk with cash, check or credit card.
3) You may mail payments to: Elite Academy of Dance & Performing Arts, 1701 UPS Drive Iceland Sports Complex 2nd Floor, Louisville, Ky. 40223.
- Tuition payments are due the first week of class of each 4 week session (month) if you are paying by session (monthly), regardless of absence.
- Semester payments are due on the 1st of September and January.
- Please arrange the payment to be at the studio on time to avoid late charges.
- Remember, no statements will be sent out. It is your responsibility to know when tuition is due.
- A $15 late fee will be automatically charged if payments are not received within the first week of each session (month) if paying by session (monthly).
- A $25 fee will be charged for all returned checks.
- Students will not be allowed in class if payments are delinquent.
- Please write the student's name in the memo section of your check or on your signed credit card receipt.
Mrs. Ellen at 502-425-6700 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are three ways to register for classes.
- Online - Go to our Register page. Find the class you want to register for and click "Register" on the left hand side. This will take you to our third party vendor, JackRabbit, where you can enter in your information and pay online.
- In Studio - Drop off your completed Registration Form and Waiver of Liability Form with payment to our studio during class time or Open Registration.
- Mail - Download our Registration Form and Waiver of Liability Form from our Classes & Registration tab. Print and complete both forms and mail with payment to: Elite Academy of Dance & Performing Arts, 1701 UPS Drive Iceland Sports Complex 2nd Floor Louisville, Ky. 40223. *You must call in advance to confirm an opening and hold a spot in the class to guarantee a place in the class.
Proper dancewear is required. For specific information on attire for each type and level of class, please visit our “View our Dress Code here” link.
Shoes may be purchased at our Studio, on-line at Discount Dance Supply, at Kinney Dance Wear and Payless Shoe Source also carries some options.
*Please make sure dance shoes are worn indoors only to ensure proper care of our dance floors and to keep your shoes in good condition. Please label shoes with names or initials as mix ups and shoes left at the studio are common.
Current events and information are posted on the Elite Academy of Dance Facebook page and on our Website. In addition, please check the information center at the front desk for newsletters. Copies of our Studio Newsletter “Dance Notes” is placed in the Information Center, handed out during classes and e-mailed out to our Dance Families. To ensure you are receiving all updates, please make sure we have your updated e-mail address.
We have viewing windows into all of our classrooms for your convenience. Feel free to observe at any time. You are not required to stay, but if you do leave, please pick up your child ON TIME! Also, make sure your child has used the restroom before class begins. Potty breaks are contagious!
If the weather is questionable, please check our Facebook Page, the website, and WDRB, WHAS, WLKY & WAVE TV and their web pages for delayed openings, early closings and canceled classes. You may also call the studio at 502-425-6700 no sooner than two hours before class begins for a message on class cancellations. NO CALLS WILL BE MADE SO PLEASE CHECK THESE SOURCES FOR INFORMATION.
Make-up lessons are allowed in the same age group or younger only, and must be scheduled in advance. We prefer that all make-up classes be taken within 3 weeks of a missed class.